There are lots of resources here that will inspire you to consider how achievable and affordable switching to renewables can be.
Tune in: join our webinars
We've recently run a series of short, informative webinars that cover many of the 'FAQs' of home renewables.
'Home Renewables Basics', watch online
'A Householders' Guide to Solid Wall Insulation': watch online
'Domestic solar PV: all you need to know': watch online
'Introduction to energy storage': watch online
More webinars to follow in Summer 2017...
- Make sure your home is as energy efficient as it can be. If you are not sure where to start you may want to complete the online Home Energy Check.
- Understand what renewable technology suits your home. Our easy to use renewables selector will help you find the right renewables system for your home.
- Work out your priorities. Here are some examples:
- If you need to replace your boiler or central heating system, installing a new biomass boiler or heat pump becomes more cost-effective.
- If your priority is to save carbon dioxide, consider wood-fuelled heating, a large wind turbine or a large solar PV system.
- If you want to do your bit for the environment but have limited funds, think about a cheaper option such as solar water heating.
- If you live in an isolated rural property with no mains electricity, you may get the most reliable off-grid supply from hydro or from a mixture of wind and solar PV.
- Ready to install? There’s a lot to consider before installing so have a look at our useful guide to installation to help you make the right decisions.